Update on COVID-19 and safety precautions at Fair Park
Friday, March 20, 2020
The safety and well-being of our guests, employees, event partners, and vendors is Fair Park First/Spectra's top priority at Fair Park. Due to the recent large gatherings mandates by Dallas County and the State of Texas, Fair Park events have been impacted subject to ongoing reassessment by the City of Dallas, County of Dallas, State of Texas and other public health agencies.
Events scheduled after the end of this moratorium are not currently affected and, as of now, are moving forward as planned. We will attempt to reschedule as many of the affected events as possible, but at this time there is no information on new dates. Please visit this page for updates.
While large events are postponed/canceled, the park will retain daily hours of 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Please enter through Gate 5. In accordance with the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we recommend that the following guests refrain from entering Fair Park:
- Guests who are in at-risk categories or age groups
- Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, and shortness of breath)
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19
- Guests who have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- Guests who have traveled to, or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to, any location subject to a Level 1, 2 or 3 travel notice issued by the CDC (including China, Italy, South Korea, Japan, Iran, and Hong Kong) in the past 14 days
In the interest of public health and safety, our cleaning procedures are thorough and comprehensive. Following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the City of Dallas’ Office of Emergency Management (OEM), and local authorities, our staff is focused on the disinfection of high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, and bathrooms. We hast posted guest advisories and the public moratorium notice throughout the Fair Park Campus. We have also heightened policies to reflect a proactive approach to housekeeping, sanitation, hygiene, and food handling. We have also placed portable handwashing stations and additional hand sanitizer stations inside our facilities.
Moving forward, we will continue to monitor the situation closely so that we can quickly make adjustments should the CDC, WHO, OEM or local authorities recommend different or amended precautionary measures.
For more information about COVID-19 in Dallas County, click here.
For more information from the CDC, click here.