Fair Park Update - November 2012
- $33.8 MILLION: Gross economic impact on local spending generated by the AT&T Red River Rivalry (Texas and OU).
- $9.60 MILLION: Gross economic impact on local spending generated by the 2012 Ticket City Bowl.
- $6.0 MILLION: Gross economic impact on local spending generated by the by the State Fair Classic (Grambling and Prairie View).
- 5 - 6 MILLION: Number of annual visitors and the largest known visitor draw in the State of Texas. This figure is significant as the U.S. Bureau of Census April 2012 report cites Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington as the 4th largest metropolitan area in the country with a population of 6,526,548.
- $2.8 MILLION: The amount the State Fair of Texas Scholarship Program awards to State Fair Livestock Show high school participants & to students at five Fair Park-area schools.
- 800 - 1,200: The number of special events held each year to include the grounds and exhibition halls, six museums, five performance facilities and the Cotton Bowl Stadium on 277 acres.
- 5.29 MILLION: Fair Park attendance through September 2012, up when compared to same period last year of 5,196,254 - even with the closings of Women’s Museum & Museum of the American Railroad. Using Global Attractions Attendance Report figures, Fair Park attendance in 2010 of 5.47 million exceeded Sea World Orlando (5.1 million); Universal Studios Hollywood (5.04); Busch Gardens Tampa (4.20); Sea World San Diego (3.80).
- 51 PERCENT: The increase in attendance for events booked by Fair Park Administration in FY 11-12 over the previous year resulting from new runs and new festivals.
- 5,572: The number of seasonal/part-time employees at Fair Park.
- 601: The number of full-time employees at Fair Park of which 55 are City of Dallas employees.
- 10: Number of major commercial film shoots at Fair Park to include Gatorade, American Ninja Warrior, The Good Guys, Biggest Loser, My Ride Rules, Friday Night Lights, Fourth and Long, Southwest Airlines, Texas Lottery and Yu Darvish commercial for Japanese TV
Executive General Manager, Fair Park, Texas