MetroPCS Fair Park Holiday
The Friends of Fair Park will present MetroPCS Fair Park Holiday from 11 a.m.–7:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 26, 2011.
A free, family-friendly holiday event, MetroPCS Fair Park Holiday featuring fireworks over the Esplanade Fountain, kid crafts at Santa’s Workshop, shopping at the Holiday Gift Market, entertainment, “dancing water” shows, the official City of Dallas tree-lighting and more.
Here's what's planned for Saturday:
- Official City of Dallas tree-lighting ceremony gets underway at 7 p.m. followed by a “dancing water” show and a spectacular fireworks finale over the Esplanade synchronized to holiday music sponsored by Gold Metal Recyclers.
- Santa’s Workshop sponsored by Action Metals offers hands-on fun from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. including dozens of free crafts and activities, live family-fun entertainment, pictures with Santa and much more at the Centennial Building. Santa will be on site for free visits from noon – 5:30 p.m. Photos are $5, or bring a camera for free snapshots.
- Free or reduced admission to Fair Park’s museums (at varying times) including the African American Museum, Children's Aquarium at Fair Park, Hall of State, Museum of Nature & Science, Texas Museum of Automotive History and Texas Discovery Gardens. Please see Museum Schedule for complete list of hours and admission prices.
- Bellagio-style “dancing water” shows at the Esplanade Fountain choreographed to popular classics and holiday music including Deck the Halls, Joy to the World, Carol of the Bells and Jingle Bells. (“Dancing water” shows will run at the top of every hour from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Holiday Gift Market with an assortment of quality merchandise, holiday décor, fun finds and tasty treats to satisfy anyone’s gift-buying needs and budgets
- Live entertainment outside on the Esplanade Stage including an outdoor concert by the Dallas Wind Symphony Tuba Quartet at 5:15 p.m. and performance by Ervay Cedar Baptist Church Gospel Choir at 6:30 p.m.
- Family fun holiday entertainment inside on the Centennial Stage including percussionist Mark Shelton at 11:30 a.m., Chuck Anderson Jazz Band at 1 p.m., Dallas Zoo Live Animal Show at 2:30 p.m. and Acoustic Kitchen at 3:30 p.m.
- Thousands of sparkling LED lights surrounding the Esplanade Fountain will be lit throughout the holiday season.
- Concessions feature pizza, chicken strips, chili, hot dogs, corny dogs, Frito® pie, turtle cheesecake on a stick, charros, hot chocolate, apple cider, cookies and more. Plus, try Allan Weiss' Buffalo Chicken in a Flapjack (winner of “Best Taste” at the State Fair of Texas this year)
Sponsors for Fair Park Holiday are MetroPCS, Action Metals, Baylor Health Care System, Coca Cola, Gold Metal Recyclers, The Kroger Co., Statewide Remodeling and Silverleaf Resorts. Local media partners are WFAA, Univision 23, Al Dia, The Greensheet, K104-FM, Smooth R&B 105.7, 98.7 KLUV, 103.7 Lite FM, 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo, Recuerdo 107.1 y 107.9 FM and 1540 AM ESPN Deportes.
The City of Dallas charges $10 for parking within the gates of Fair Park. Parking available at Gates 2, 5 and 6.
|Fair Park Holiday 2010|