Southwest Airlines State Fair Classic
It's the interstate rivalry that goes far beyond football helmets and shoulder pads.
The 2016 football clash will be Saturday, Oct. 1 in the Cotton Bowl at Fair Park. Kick off time to be announced.
The Southwest Airlines State Fair Classic is always a vibrant, dramatic contest – between the football teams and the marching bands of Grambling State University of Louisiana and Prairie View A&M University of Texas.
The classic showdown began in the 1940s and has been at Fair Park annually since the 1980s. It is considered the largest social event of the year for both schools, attracting some 65,000 fans to Dallas.
Just as exciting to watch is the halftime extravaganza, termed a battle of the bands showdown. The Grambling State Marching Band and the Prairie View A&M Marching Storm both merge jaw-dropping precision and dynamic dance moves. The result – a flashy but fantastic halftime like no other you have ever seen.
The Southwest Airlines State Fair Classic takes place in The Cotton Bowl.
- All Bags, including backpacks
- Purses that exceed 10” x 10”
- Medical Bags will be inspected upon entry
- All weapons of any sort
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
- Artificial Noisemakers (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Banners, flags, flag poles, signs, umbrellas, etc.
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 10”. Video cameras and tripods
- Any explosive or flammable items
- Food & Beverages
- Any items deemed a safety hazard or annoyance (balls, balloons, firearms, fireworks, Frisbees, glass, hard plastic or metal water bottles, laser pointers, etc.)
- Pets (service dogs permitted)
- Tobacco products of any kind, including e-cigarettes
- Any type of seat cushions or chair backs
- Baby seats