Organizations in Fair Park
More than a place of history and culture, Fair Park facilities also provide office space to five, behind-the-scenes organizations.
These six, independent groups are responsible for much of the programming that keeps Fair Park alive and vibrant ... as well as musical programming that reaches across the airwaves, far beyond Dallas.
You may not easily find them in Fair Park, but you will see – and hear – their presence.
Get to know:
- The Friends of Fair Park, the member-supported advocacy group for Fair Park preservation, restoration and programming.
- The Dallas Historical Society, non-profit organization that encourages historical inquiry about the city and county of Dallas and the North Texas region.
- City of Dallas Park and Recreation Department's Fair Park Administration, which manages Fair Park on a day-to-day basis.
- The State Fair of Texas, which, since 1886, has been the driving force behind the annual State Fair.
- WRR Classical 101.1 FM, a 24-hour commercial classical music station owned by the City of Dallas.
- Dallas Summer Musicals is the preeminent non-profit presenter of Broadway theater in North Texas.