Great Photo Opportunities
There are many great photo opportunities at Fair Park, so be sure to bring your camera!
Fair Park's architecture, murals and sculptures are already a photographer's dream.
If you add the people and features of Fair Park's special events – from State Fair's midway rides to Fair Park Fourth's aerial displays – your photo opportunities become treasures.
Our Fair Park map identifies several of these photo opportunities as special interest points:
- The astounding Art Deco murals and sculptures along the Esplanade.
- Patricia Johanson's popular and entertaining organic sculptures, the swan boats, and ecosystem of the Leonhardt Lagoon.
- The beautifully restored Spirit of the Centennial, a 1936 sculpture of a female standing on a large cactus, in front of the building that used to house The Women's Museum.
- The Smith Fountain, a European-style fountain situated between the Texas Vietnam Memorial and the Music Hall at Fair Park.
- The Texas Vietnam Memorial fountain and wall, a tribute to those Texans who served and sacrificed their lives during the Vietnam War.
- Woofus, a statue of some mythical beast that is part sheep, horse, hog, duck, turkey ... and Texas longhorn.
Other don't-miss photo opportunities include:
- The Texas Star Ferris wheel
- The Cotton Bowl (from inside a stadium packed with frenzied football fans to the iconic cotton boll logos above the stadium's south entrance)
- The gold-leafed eagle perched atop the soaring namesake feature of the Tower Building.
- And, of course, Big Tex, who arrives each year for the State Fair of Texas with a knowing smile and a welcoming "Howdy."
Note that cameras and video equipment may not be allowed in some Fair Park museum or performance facilities. Please confirm photography and video recording policies with any Fair Park venue you plan to visit.
Commercial photography shoots in Fair Park require prior approval and a fee. To arrange a commercial photography session, call 214.670.8433 or visit the City of Dallas' Fair Park Leasing Information page.